Recipe by VanessaLynn
I came up with this recipe to satisfy my craving for some homemade chicken and dumplings. It's quick and easy to throw together and smells amazing at the end of the day. Chicken will be tender and juicy and just fall of the bones. Be sure to remove the chicken bones before serving.
- 6 bone-in skinless chicken pieces (breast, thighs, drumsticks)
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 5 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can campbell's Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and chop carrots, celery and onion. Add to slow cooker.
- Add cream of chicken soup and chicken broth, stir to combine. Add chicken pieces, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours.
- Add torn biscuit dough pieces and continue to cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Stir before serving. Remove any chicken bones.