1/1 Photo of Southern-Style Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
6 hrs 10 mins
I came up with this recipe to satisfy my craving for some homemade chicken and dumplings. It's quick and easy to throw together and smells amazing at the end of the day. Chicken will be tender and juicy and just fall of the bones. Be sure to remove the chicken bones before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 bone-in skinless chicken pieces (breast, thighs, drumsticks)
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 5 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can campbell's Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
- 1Clean and chop carrots, celery and onion. Add to slow cooker.
- 2Add cream of chicken soup and chicken broth, stir to combine. Add chicken pieces, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 3Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours.
- 4Add torn biscuit dough pieces and continue to cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- 5Stir before serving. Remove any chicken bones.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern-Style Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.0
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 154.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
skinless chicken pieces
Healthy Request cream of chicken soup