Recipe by Dine & Dish
My husband found this recipe in an old Southern Living cookbook. He's made some adaptations and the result is incredible. This makes a very pretty presentation and people will be asking you for the recipe the second they taste it!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 -3 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1⁄2 lbs unpeeled large shrimp or 2 1⁄2 lbs shrimp (fresh or thawed frozen..we've also used peeled shrimp and it works just as well and isn't as messy t)
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 9 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir well and set aside.
- Rinse shrimp and then drain.
- Layer the shrimp, lemon slices, and onion slices in a 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Pour reserved butter mixture over shrimp.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until shrimp turns pink and shells start to pull away, basting occasionally with pan juices.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary if desired.