Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Southern Style Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons bottled bacon bits, divided
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepresliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon bacon bits and garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Add shrimp; sauté 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 1 minute or until mushrooms are tender and shrimp is done, stirring frequently.
- Stir in onions, salt, and hot sauce; remove from heat. Stir in parsley and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon bacon bits.
This was a great, quick & easy recipe and I actually had everything on hand! Next time I might leave out the parsley though because it's not always something I have and I actually thought it tasted a little better without it. While cooking, I sprinkled a little southwest seasoning on it because I wasn't totally sure how hot my hot sauce was so I probably went a little light on that...and then topped it with a little Parmesan cheese just because I like a little cheese on almost everything. This is a great recipe as is, but it is also a nice base for creating your own variation according to your taste preferences. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks!
a definite keeper my husband says! We served with a side of parmesan noodles, which complemented nicely. I added some extra hot sauce, because of preference, but other than that, no changes!!!