1/1 Photo of Southern Style Seasoned Green Beans (From Canned)
A lot of folks simply open a couple of cans of green beans, heat, add a bit of butter...and wonder why no one eats them! This simple little "tweak" turns them into a delicious, satisfying side that'll change the way you think of canned green beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the bacon in a heavy sauce pan (do not crisp the bacon, just cook enough to extract the drippings). Remove from heat.
- 2Empty the 2 cans of cut green beans into the sauce pan directly on top of the cooked bacon and drippings.
- 3Add salt to taste and then the 1/4 teaspoons of minced garlic. Stir well and return to heat.
- 4Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to med-low, cover, and simmer for at least 30 minutes (1 hour is better).
- 5Serve and enjoy.
- 6NOTE - Use good quality canned green beans. My family prefers "flat beans" (Cut Italian Green Beans), but regular cut will taste just as good.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Style Seasoned Green Beans (From Canned)
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.1
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 605.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g