Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
a delicious salmon patty recipe, with a distinctly Southern twist. My mom made these when I was young, and now I make them for my family.
- 1 lb salmon, boned and drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 egg
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 piece whole wheat bread or 1 piece white bread, crumbled
- mix all ingredients, salt and pepper to taste. If patties seem too dry and have trouble sticking together, add in some of the reserved juice.
- Form into patties and fry in butter or olive oil over medium heat. Brown on one side, then flip and brown on other side.