Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Everyone has a recipe for this. I'm just adding my two cents. This came from a friend of the family. It goes great with just about anything, especially the next morning with eggs and bacon!
- 32 ounces southern style hash browns, frozen
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Mix cream of chicken soup, sour cream, onion, and paprika until smooth. Stir in butter, cheese, and hash browns until well-blended.
- Pour into 9x13 baking dish.
- Gently mix corn flakes and melted butter. Top casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
darn the UK for not having frozen hash browns! Tried making it for the first time at Thanksgiving, but didn't have your all's recipe and then ended up having to put it into the wrong dish...it wasn't done cooking but was good when it finally did finish, but not as good as that one! You know I enjoy this one, and so does Darren!