Recipe by CCinSC
Very cheesy, very easy and oh so good! This is my family's absolutely favorite mac and cheese. I can't even think about making a different recipe without getting, "what, are you nuts?". You can bake this in the oven or use the crockpot method. Hope you like this as much as we do!
Top Review by ReeLani
This was really easy to put together. I made if for Mom since she doesn't care for frozen or boxed mac'n'cheese but doesn't feel like making her own. She says she's enjoying it. There's a little different texture here, due to the cheese not being melted into the milk before baking.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni per package directions using the lower end of the cooking times as you will be cooking it more in the oven.
- Drain macaroni and put into oven proof casserole.
- Add all the ingredients except for the sliced cheddar.
- Mix well.
- Cover macaroni mixture with sliced cheddar.
- Oven cooking: Bake in 350º oven for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.
- Crockpot cooking: Cook 3-4 hours on low.