Very cheesy, very easy and oh so good! This is my family's absolutely favorite mac and cheese. I can't even think about making a different recipe without getting, "what, are you nuts?". You can bake this in the oven or use the crockpot method. Hope you like this as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni per package directions using the lower end of the cooking times as you will be cooking it more in the oven.
- 2Drain macaroni and put into oven proof casserole.
- 3Add all the ingredients except for the sliced cheddar.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Cover macaroni mixture with sliced cheddar.
- 6Oven cooking: Bake in 350º oven for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.
- 7Crockpot cooking: Cook 3-4 hours on low.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Style Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.2
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 138.0 mg
- Sodium 776.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 24.0 g