Recipe by Kay D.
I believe this recipe originally came from Southern Living Magazine. This smells so wonderful when you stir it. I leave out the peanuts (personal preference), but you may enjoy them. Note: prep time does not include time to cook the rice.
Top Review by Krista Smith
This one wasn't a hit in our house. I think hubby just couldn't get past the idea of sweet rice. Also, I used buckwheat honey which has quite a strong flavor so maybe if I would've used a lighter honey, we would've enjoyed it more. Thanks for something new to try, though.
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently stir together rice and peanuts; set aside and keep warm.
- Put butter and honey in a heavy saucepan, cook over low heat just until butter has melted.
- Stir in the cinnamon and ginger, beating out any lumps.
- Pour over rice, and mix together thoroughly.
- Serve hot.