Recipe by Cathy Pete
Got this recipe from all recipes and wanted to post it here to share and have all my recipes on my favorite web site "Recipezaar"! This can also be done in a crockpot. I had 2 ham hocks to use. Thanks to Kirk Warner
Top Review by sloe cooker
This was very good! I enjoyed this with a reheated, frozen leftover macaroni dish. I used garlic and onion powder this time(was out of the real deal), I don't think the taste suffered too much. Thanks for sharing Cathy Pete
- 2 quarts water
- 4 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 ham hock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the water in a large pot, and mix in the green beans, ham hock, onion, garlic, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, and cook 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer 4 hours. Remove the ham hock, and slice the meat into small pieces. Return meat to the beans, and serve.