Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is just the way my grandma used to make it and is by far the best one-dish meal ever. My kids love it and so does my husband!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag elbow macaroni
- 4 (8 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) canspeeled diced tomatoes
- 4 (4 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 lbs hamburger meat
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- Combine meat, garlic, onion, red pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Cook until meat is ready and then drain grease from meat.
- While meat is cooking, boil noodles as directed on their bag.
- Combine cooked meat mixture, cooked noodles, and all other ingredients in a large pot.
- Cover and cook over med-low heat until thoroughly heated throughout.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This is even better the next day.
- Can be frozen too!
I am not a very versitale cook but I did reconize several things hat I wanted to change -- after first following the published recipe exactly. 6 servings: 1 In order to cook the Macaroni I used 1+ cup of Clamato Sause. 2 Corn -- I used frozen. 3 Crushed Red Pepper Flakes -- 1tbs. 4 Cayene Pepper -- 1/4 tsp. 5 Added 1 tbs Zat Creo Seasoning. 6 Added 1/2 cup Bell Peppers (Red & Yellow). 7 Added 8 oz Mushrooms. 8 Add 1 or more cups of Clamato Sause for proper moisture content. Makes 4 - 1qt freezer bags full.
This recipe was very good, except I should have heeded the warnings and cut more of the hot spice. It was HOT!!! I added 3 Tbl. red pepper flakes and 1/2 TBl. cayenne and it was extremely hot. Didn't even attempt to give to the kids!