Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The Food Dude,Xander Carey & WBIR great soup.
Make and share this Southern Style French Onion Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large sliced onions
- 4 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth or 4 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced (1 lb)
- 3⁄4 cup cheese, of choice
- grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- green onion (to garnish)
- Melt butter in a stock pot or large pan on medium heat and stir.
- Add onions and continuelsy stir until tender and translucent.
- Slowly allow to caremalized at a low tempture.
- Add chicken or beef stock.
- Season with salt and pepper, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Laddle soup into individual, oven safe, serving bowls and place one slice of bread on top.
- It can also be broken into pieces, whixh ever you desire.
- Layer cheese on top of bread.
- Place bowls on cookie sheet and broil until cheese bubbles and browns slightly.