Recipe by Cookin' Mommy
If you are looking for an easy dish for your family or potluck, this shrimp and rice dish is the perfect choice. Adapted from a recipe website.
- 6 cups cooked white rice, kept warm
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 16 ounces frozen cooked shrimp, peeled and thawed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add celery, green pepper, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk, water and tomato paste.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture just comes to a boil.
- Cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture slightly thickens.
- Stir in shrimp, parsley, seasoning, salt and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook until heated through.
- Serve over rice.