Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
Any easier and you'd be holding a can opener!
- 6 medium ears of corn
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 slices onions (1/2 inch thick)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut off tips of kernels into a large bowl, scrape milk and remaining pulp from cob, using a small paring knife; set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup 1% milk and cornstarch; set aside.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup 1% milk and onion in a heavy saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, then simmer 5 minutes; remove and discard onion.
- Add corn. Cook over med heat, stirring frequently, 5 minutes.
- Gradually stir in cornstarch mixture, salt, and pepper until thickened and bubbly, about 3 minutes.