1/2 Photos of Southern Style Chocolate Gravy
Yes, you can have chocolate for breakfast! Served on warm flaky biscuits or homemade drop biscuits, this is sure to be a special treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together the cocoa, flour, and sugar until there are no lumps.
- 2Add the milk and whisk until well incorporated.
- 3Add mixture to saucepan and cook over medium heat stirring frequently until mixture is a thick gravy like consistency.
- 4Take off heat and add vanilla and butter and stir until incorporated.
- 5Serve immediately over hot steaming biscuits!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Style Chocolate Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.0
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 40.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g