Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you like chicken salad, you'll love this recipe! Slightly sweet and tangy, a sure crowd pleaser! From "Taste of Home Country Chicken" recipe collection.
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced celery
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- In a small saucepan, whisk egg yolks; add sugar, vinegar, mustard and salt.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Stir in butter until melted.
- Cover, and chill for 30 minutes.
- Add milk and mayonnaise; mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add dressing and mix to coat.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Great tasting salad! The sweat and sour mustard mayo dressing really makes this salad. I did not use the milk.