Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Another tried and true recipe from an old boyfriend....
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, drained (Rotel)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- salt and pepper
- Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray 13 x 9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil chicken until done.
- Remove chicken to cool reserving water.
- Cook egg noodles in reserved water according to package instructions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Shred chicken once cooled and set aside.
- Heat a small amount of oil over medium high heat and saute onion until tender and translucent.
- Add both cans of tomatoes and heat thoroughly.
- Cube cheese and add to tomato mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir until cheese is melted and blended with tomato mixture.
- Add chicken and stir to blend.
- Combine chicken mixture to egg noodles.
- Toss to coat.
- Pour mixture into prepared 13 x 9 casserole dish.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes just until heated through and cheese is melted on top.