Prep 1 hr
Cook 4 hrs
- 3 medium potatoes, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen lima beans
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen okra (optional) or 1 (10 ounce) package fresh okra (optional)
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- Cook chicken and remove bones.
- Put the remaining ingredients in the crock pot in the order listed and cook for 4-6 hours on high.
- Before serving, remove bay leaf.
- Stir before serving.
I give it 5 stars bt I made a few changes. I used Franks Hot Sauce, I thickened it by sing 2 cans of tomato paste. I added 1 bay leaf . I like it thick so that I can stand my spoon straight up in the bowl and it would not fall. It did not move. I cooked it two hours longer than the recipe stated/ It turned out great. I certainly will make this again