Recipe by Buster's friend
from A taste of Thai - A most delicious end for a plump pullet! I appreciate the fast prep using things in my pantry with very yum results.
- 14.79 ml oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 8 piece chicken thighs (3 1/4 lbs approx)
- 22.18 ml red curry paste
- 4.92 ml turmeric, ground (or yellow curry powder)
- 382.71 g coconut milk
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over a medium heat. Lightly sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Brown well on all sides and remove to baking dish.
- Add Red Curry and turmeric to skillet. Cook until fragrant and dissolved. Add Coconut Milk, Fish Sauce, lime juice and sugar. Stirring, bring sauce to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour curry sauce over chicken and bake 40-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with jasmine rice or rice noodles with sauce spooned over top.