Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
from A taste of Thai - A most delicious end for a plump pullet! I appreciate the fast prep using things in my pantry with very yum results.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 pieces chicken thighs (3 1/4 lbs approx)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground (or yellow curry powder)
- 13 1⁄2 ounces coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over a medium heat. Lightly sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Brown well on all sides and remove to baking dish.
- Add Red Curry and turmeric to skillet. Cook until fragrant and dissolved. Add Coconut Milk, Fish Sauce, lime juice and sugar. Stirring, bring sauce to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour curry sauce over chicken and bake 40-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with jasmine rice or rice noodles with sauce spooned over top.
Served it to a mixed crowd and everyone LOVED it. And it was so easy. No leftovers, so making a batch for ourselves.
This is fantastic! I made as written except for adding 1/2 of a red bell pepper that I had leftover and needed using. I cut it into strips and threw it in with the chicken before pouring the sauce over it. I was leery of the amount of red curry paste (I used Taste of Thai brand) but it turned out to be fairly mild, not hot. Served with rice and steamed broccoli. I think this dish would lend itself to other additions, such as onion slices or carrots, and the sauce would be good with just vegies, too. Thanks for this keeper.