A variation on a southern specialty called Hopping John. Serve as a side. Great for BBQ season. From Land-O-Lake Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1have cooked black-eyed peas and rice ready.
- 2in 2 qt saucepan melt butter, stir in spinach and bacon, cook over med heat stirring occasionally until spinach is tender.
- 3stir in black-eyed peas, rice and remaining ingredients (except cheddar cheese).
- 4continue cooking stirring occasionally until heated through.
- 5just before serving stir in cheddar cheese.
- 6*10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained can be substituted for 4 cups fresh spinach.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Style Black-Eyed Peas & Rice
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.3
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 77.7 mg
- Sodium 1167.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 20.5 g