Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 hrs 30 mins
This is to die for! Definately a 5 star in my opinion but my opinion doesn't count, but yours does.
Make and share this Southern Style Barbecued Pulled Pork Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder, about
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 hamburger buns, plain or toasted
- Preheat oven to 275f.
- Mix together mustard,oregano,pepper flakes and salt.
- Rub over meat;set aside.
- In a small roasting pan,heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic;cook 8 minutes.
- Add tomato juice,vinegar,sugar and worcestershire.
- Increase heat to high;cook 10 minutes.
- Add pork and cover.
- Place in oven and cook for 3 hours.
- Uncover and continue cooking,basting from time to time,until meat is tender,11/2 hours more.
- Remove meat.
- Over high heat boil sauce,removing fat until thickened.
- Shred meat and add to sauce.
- Serve on buns.
Made this in the slow cooker for a friend who was going through some problems. No picture since I send crockpot and all over to her.Cooked in the crockpot for 6 1/2 hours on low. leanne
Excellent Excellent..... even the dude that doesn't like "sauce" luved this...
awesome very moist meat!!