Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
My favorite recipe for Baked Beans! Every time I make it, people love it...even if they normally hate baked beans! A teaspoon of liquid smoke can be added, but personally, I have never used it.
- Fry bacon in a small skillet; drain and set aside.
- In same skillet, saute onions and green bell pepper unil wilted.
- In large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, barbecue sauce, and ground mustard.
- Skim liquid from top of beans while still in can and remove fatty pieces of pork. Combine beans, bacon, onion and green bell pepper with other ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes.
These were nice beans with a lot of flavor. I couldn't find a 31 oz. can of pork and beans anywhere, so I had to use a 41 oz. can. I kept all the other ingredient amounts the same as posted, though. Even though I used more beans than called for, and drained them very well, I found the consistency a little thinner than I would like. I usually like my baked beans thickened and bubbly. But the flavor is quite good. For the barbecue sauce, I used Sweet Baby Ray's. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
I made half of this recipe to go with my Easter dinner and really enjoyed them. They were easy to put together and I think they would be great at barbecues and potlucks. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2009.