This is an adaptation of a recipe I saw on a cooking show, tweaked to perfection. The recipe doesn't contain nuts, but they can be added to taste. The original recipe called for a caramel sauce and meringue, but I find that the tweaked recipe is delicious without them. I generally use a little less than 2 cups of flour when making this bread for density.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- 3Peel and dice bananas. With vanilla extract, add to butter and sugar and mix.
- 4Add dry ingredients and combine by hand.
- 5Spray/grease a 9x9 pan and spread batter.
- 6Sprinkle cinnamon on top, bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Style Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 458.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 3.4 g