Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an adaptation of a recipe I saw on a cooking show, tweaked to perfection. The recipe doesn't contain nuts, but they can be added to taste. The original recipe called for a caramel sauce and meringue, but I find that the tweaked recipe is delicious without them. I generally use a little less than 2 cups of flour when making this bread for density.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- Peel and dice bananas. With vanilla extract, add to butter and sugar and mix.
- Add dry ingredients and combine by hand.
- Spray/grease a 9x9 pan and spread batter.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top, bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.