Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
A beautiful presentation scooped into frosty martini glasses and garnished with a fresh berry. This used to be a springtime treat, but modern grocery stores carry berries all year long. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 quart strawberry, washed and hulled
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped until stiff
- Crush strawberries and add sugar, lemon juice and salt.
- Fold mashed berries into whipped cream.
- Pour into a refrigerator tray and freeze about 2 1/2 hours, stirring once during freezing.
Thought I had lots of strawberries but they'd turned - so used raspberries instead. Delicious and easy too! Thanks for a great recipe, Molly!