Recipe by vrvrvr
A meatless winner from Betty Crocker. Fast, easy and even my non-green-vegetable eaters shovel this in! Bonus: Low calorie! (Up the cayenne if you want it hotter, or just pass hot sauce at the table.) I also like to toss in some toasted almonds.
- 1 cup cold cooked white rice
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups lightly packed spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 12" nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over med-high heat.
- Cook all ingredients except spinach in skillet, stirring occasionally until hot.
- Stir in spinach; cook until spinach begins to wilt.
- Serve immediately (just bring the skillet to the table and watch it go.).