- Heat oven to 350 F and grease or oil a shallow 2 quart pan (I use my "small" pyrex lasagna pan). Mix cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the milk and cook over a medium heat until milk is absorbed, which only takes a few minutes.
- Stir gently but constantly to prevent the mixture from catching on the bottom of the saucepan.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the butter, and slightly beaten egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into cornmeal mixture, and turn it all out into the prepared 2 quart pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
- I hope this is what you are looking for! regards, Spooky