Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe for spoon bread that my mom taught me. Enjoy, all you northerners!
- 3 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Stir cornmeal into rapidly boiling milk. Cook until very thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from fire, add butter, and let cool.
- Add the well-beaten eggs, salt, and baking powder.
- Beat the mixture until smooth.
- Pour into a well-greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.