Milann Taylor's Note:
(It's a crustless quiche, but I have to call it egg bake so my husband will eat it!) The measurements for the spices are estimated, as I shake the container until it feels right.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, crumbled, I prefer Jimmy Dean Hot
- 1 lb frozen leaf spinach, thawed and drained
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon Accent seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, like Tabasco
- 1/8 cup water
- 1Preheat oven to 445°.
- 2Cook sausage until almost brown.
- 3Add onions, spinach, spices and hot sauce.
- 4Cook until sausage is brown and onions are translucent.
- 5Transfer to 9-inch glass pie dish.
- 6Mix in part of the cheese.
- 7Top filling with a more cheese.
- 8Whisk eggs and water, add to filling.
- 9Top with rest of cheese.
- 10Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until firm. a toothpick inserted in the middle will come out clean; top is nice and brown.
- 11Let cool a little, then slice and enjoy!
- 12Pair with sliced home-grown tomatoes and sliced avocado in the summer for an awesome accompaniment!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Spinach Sausage Egg Bake
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 713.9
- Calories from Fat 491
- Total Fat 54.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 457.0 mg
- Sodium 1396.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 46.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: