Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
(It's a crustless quiche, but I have to call it egg bake so my husband will eat it!) The measurements for the spices are estimated, as I shake the container until it feels right.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, crumbled, I prefer Jimmy Dean Hot
- 1 lb frozen leaf spinach, thawed and drained
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon Accent seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, like Tabasco
- 1⁄8 cup water
- Preheat oven to 445°.
- Cook sausage until almost brown.
- Add onions, spinach, spices and hot sauce.
- Cook until sausage is brown and onions are translucent.
- Transfer to 9-inch glass pie dish.
- Mix in part of the cheese.
- Top filling with a more cheese.
- Whisk eggs and water, add to filling.
- Top with rest of cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until firm. a toothpick inserted in the middle will come out clean; top is nice and brown.
- Let cool a little, then slice and enjoy!
- Pair with sliced home-grown tomatoes and sliced avocado in the summer for an awesome accompaniment!