Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are great with cocktails. Of course, the heat can be adjusted to suit your taste buds. Other nuts can also be used. Be careful! They're addictive. Standing time is not reflected in the prep or cook times.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- In a bowl, toss together the peanuts, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Preheat the oven to 325^F.
- Have the oven rack positioned in the center of the oven.
- In a large heavy skillet, melt the butter over medium low heat.
- Cool a little then add the vinegar, hot pepper sauce, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the peanuts and marinade.
- Stir to coat evenly, about 30 seconds.
- Spread the peanuts on the baking sheet and bake until deep golden brown, stirring now and then, for about 20 minutes.
- Cool on a rack uncovered for at least 6 hours to dry.
- Store at room temperature in an air tight container.
Sorry it was not good.
I tweaked the recipe to accomodate more hot sauce (used Thai hot sauce) and let the nuts soak longer than 30 minutes. People love them.