These are great with cocktails. Of course, the heat can be adjusted to suit your taste buds. Other nuts can also be used. Be careful! They're addictive. Standing time is not reflected in the prep or cook times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- 2In a bowl, toss together the peanuts, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke.
- 3Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, stirring now and then.
- 4Preheat the oven to 325^F.
- 5Have the oven rack positioned in the center of the oven.
- 6In a large heavy skillet, melt the butter over medium low heat.
- 7Cool a little then add the vinegar, hot pepper sauce, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- 8Return the skillet to the heat and add the peanuts and marinade.
- 9Stir to coat evenly, about 30 seconds.
- 10Spread the peanuts on the baking sheet and bake until deep golden brown, stirring now and then, for about 20 minutes.
- 11Cool on a rack uncovered for at least 6 hours to dry.
- 12Store at room temperature in an air tight container.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Spicy Roasted Peanuts
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 939.1
- Calories from Fat 750
- Total Fat 83.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 1215.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 37.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: