Recipe by carmenskitchen
By no means is this healthy fare but I guess that's what makes it sooo addictive! I could eat the entire pan in one sitting. Kids love this and it's a great way for them to get a good dose of veggies. It's called Southern Spaghetti because I'm from Texas and my mother made this a lot when we were growing up.
- 1 lb ground round
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) soup can water
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 1 (8 ounce) box spaghetti, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef, onion, green pepper and garlic in a large, non-stick skillet until meat is no longer pink; drain off any excess grease. Add soups and water, stirring to mix thoroughly with med heat. Add peas and carrots, stir in half the cheese and all of the spaghetti. Pour into greased 9X13 inch glass baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.