Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I originally found this recipe in Cooking Light magazine, but I changed a few things in it. I also couldn't remember the original name of the recipe so I re-named it.
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup shredded cheese (any type you like)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Spray a large pan with cooking spray, saute onion& garlic for 3 minutes Add fajita seasoning and cook for 1 minute Add water and next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add lime juice, stirring well Top each serving with chips and cheese.