Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recpie in a Cambells cookbook. It was simple and very good. It would probably be very easy to double this as well. I added brocolii to it which added a great taste.
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs broiler chickens, cut up
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancambell condensed cream of mushroom soup
- hot cooked rice
- Over medium heat cook the bacon until crispy, place on paper towels to drain then crush and set aside, save drippings.
- Place chicken in bacon drippings and heat for about 10 minutes over medium heat or untill all sides are browned.
- Add garlic, basil, and cream of mushroom soup, stir until smooth.
- Heat to boiling then reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Slice onion and add to chicken.
- Cook for at least 15 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked.
- Sprinkle bacon over top.
- Serve over rice and enjoy.