1/1 Photo of Southern Shrimp Salad
From Paula Deen and the Food Network. I am posting this for the Zaar World Tour III.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.Tie shrimp boil in a cheesecloth and add shrimp boil sachet to boiling water. Add shrimp and boil for 4 minutes.
- 2Drain shrimp and reserve shrimp boil water. Chop shrimp into bite size chunks and place on paper towels to cool.
- 3In the reserved shrimp boil water, add the rice, and cook until tender for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4Drain rice in colander and allow to cool. Add onion, olives, and pepper to rice, and stir in the mayonnaise.
- 5Add the cooled dry shrimp to the mixture and blend well.
- 6Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with lemon and tomato wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Shrimp Salad
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.1
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 304.6 mg
- Sodium 793.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shrimp boil seasoning