From Paula Deen and the Food Network. I am posting this for the Zaar World Tour III.
Make and share this Southern Shrimp Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.Tie shrimp boil in a cheesecloth and add shrimp boil sachet to boiling water. Add shrimp and boil for 4 minutes.
- Drain shrimp and reserve shrimp boil water. Chop shrimp into bite size chunks and place on paper towels to cool.
- In the reserved shrimp boil water, add the rice, and cook until tender for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain rice in colander and allow to cool. Add onion, olives, and pepper to rice, and stir in the mayonnaise.
- Add the cooled dry shrimp to the mixture and blend well.
- Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with lemon and tomato wedges.