Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a church cookbook that I've had for years. This has been adjusted to my family's tastes, but everyone I've served it to seems to like it, so I thought I'd share.
- 1 cup celery, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb cooked shrimp (tail off, peeled)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Saute celery, bell pepper and onion in butter.
- Slowly add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Pour mixture into a 9 X 13 inch casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- I top ours with another little sprinkle of cheese before serving.