Recipe by Barb in WNY
This makes a nice fall dinner it cook in the oven for hours.
Top Review by garpgump
So simple, yet so delicious. My family raved about this dish. I didn't have the heart to tell them how simple it was to prepare. I did add a little crushed garlic and some Cajun hot sauce to suit my tastes, but basically stuck with the recipe you see here.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -4 lbs beef short ribs
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onions, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on all sides of short ribs and place in a 3-quart dish.
- Heat oven to 275°F.
- In a small pan combine tomato sauce with molasses, vinegar, Worcestershire and onion, bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour over short ribs, cover and bake 3 to 4 hours or until very tender.
- Spoon off excess fat before serving.