Recipe by Seasoned Cook
FLAVOR GALORE! This cornbread has the best flavor and is so moist! A real treat when combined with good homecooked vegetables! Will make any meal seem so special!
Top Review by carolinajewel
I messed this up totally and it still came out great, so it is really more than 5 stars! After a long busy day at work, my husband started talking to me as I was mixing the batter. I assembled everything and let it bake. Half way through the baking time, I saw on the counter the milk and the oil that I had in a measuring cup. It was too late to add it, so I just cooked as normal and the end result was delicious! Not as moist as it was supposed to be obviously, but still great flavor. I will make again soon (with All the ingredients!) Thanks Seasoned Cook!
- 1 lb sausage (use top quality)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (17 ounce) cream-style corn
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage and onion. Drain well.
- In medium size bowl combine eggs, sugar, milk, oil, corn and cheese. Stir in cornmeal mix.
- Pour one-half of mixture into a greased 9 x 9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle sausage and onions over mixture. Pour remaining mixture over top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes. May sprinkle small amount of cheese over top during last 3-5 minutes of baking.