Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is always a hit when I serve it. The sweetness of the dried cranberries goes well with the salty tang of feta cheese.
RASPBERRY DIJON VINAIGRETTE
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (or less)
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 1⁄2-1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecan halves or 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- crumbled feta cheese
- For the vinaigrette, combine the raspberry vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix until the sugar and salt dissolve.
- Whisk in the olive oil.
- For the salad, combine the greens, cranberries, pecans, onion and cheese in a salad bowl.
- Add the vinaigrette and toss gently to coat well.
Thanks! it was indeed a hit with my jambalaya menú.... the salad was a sweet and tangy nice experience.
This was a lovely salad. The dressing was very light (I found 4 tbsp of olive oil to be enough) and compliments the salad components beautifully, making a nice mix of sweet, savory and salty. Thank you MarieAlice for sharing the recipe.
O.K., I'm fudging here...I forgot the salad until the last minut so I used bottled raspberry vinaigrette, but I did beat a dollop of Dijon into it. The salad ingredients were very crisp and crunchy.It was enjoyed by all!