Recipe by 2Bleu
A wonderful rice and gravy without making gravy. The starch in the rice binds with the bacon grease to make rice & gravy in one pot.
Top Review by KLBoyle
Yum! This rice is awesome! It didn't really seem to make any gravy but we certainly didn't miss it, it has so much flavor. I topped the rice with black eyed peas and served with fried pork chops. Thanks for another winning recipe 2bleu!
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (reserve grease)
- 1 cup rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients (except crumbled bacon)in a pot and bring to a hard boil.
- Reduce heat to medium so that the rice boils fairly fast.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes till the water cooks out enough that the rice just starts to stick.
- Add crumbled bacon and serve.