Recipe by mollypaul
Terrific presentation when filled with other things (sweet peas come to mind). From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 cup rice
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and butter a ring mold.
- Cook rice in boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes; drain.
- Saute onions in butter; add mushrooms and cook about ten minutes.
- Mix vegetables with rice and season to taste.
- Pack mixture into buttered ring mold and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn out onto serving platter and serve as is or filled with whatever else you want.