Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Yep, it's from Southern Living.
Top Review by Southern Lady
I'm not rating, especially being the first reviewer. I wasn't impressed and it could just be my taste buds. I cooked 25 minutes and it was starting to dry out (not my oven). If I was to make it again, I would increase liquid. And the pecans were an unusual addition - the ingredients were tender and then there was a weird flavorless crunch. Again, it might be me!
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a large nonstick skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add in the first 3 ingredients; stir/saute until crisp-tender.
- Stir in broth the the next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Add rice to a shallow 2-quart baking dish; add hot broth mixture.
- Cover and bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with pecans.