Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this on Southern Living's website, and I could not resist posting it here.
Make and share this Southern Reuben Melts recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 -2 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 8 rye bread, slices
- 1 (6 ounce) packageswiss cheese slices
- 12 ounces thinly sliced ham
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Stir together first 4 ingredients.
- Stir together coleslaw mix and 1/2 cup mayonnaise mixture.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture evenly on 1 side of each bread slice; top 4 slices evenly with cheese, ham, and coleslaw mixture. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet coated with butter-flavored cooking spray. Coat bottom of another baking sheet with cooking spray, and place, coated-side down, on sandwiches.
- Bake at 375° for 10 to 15 minutes or until bread is golden and cheese melts.
Terrific lunchtime wonder! Had everything on hand, the only slight difference is, I used Tabasco in place of the red pepper, (was out of red pepper) 2 dashes. The dressing itself is divine! The whole sandwich is so wonderful, and so delicious, make more while you're at it. Everyone will want to another (half) so expect to make it. Perfect technique in browning the bottom of the sandwich. Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* Decembre 2009
I've made this before - it's very good!