Have fun with this dish. This is a great dish to experiment with, you can add or subtract ingredients to fit your personal taste. I have added black-eyed pea relish, jalapeños, and even pear relish on occasions, depending on my mood and what I had on hand. This is a fun dish and people of all ages love it.
- 2 (15 7/8 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans shoe peg corn or 2 (10 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro-Tel tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15 7/8 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped really small
- 1 red pepper, chopped really small
- 1 (15 7/8 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 larger purple onion, chopped really small
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped small
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional, only if you want a bit of a kick to it)
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 16 ounces house Italian dressing or 16 ounces zesty Italian dressing
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving, so flavors can fuse (this is the key to this dish).
- Serve with Tostitos Scoops or whatever chips you prefer.