Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Have fun with this dish. This is a great dish to experiment with, you can add or subtract ingredients to fit your personal taste. I have added black-eyed pea relish, jalapeños, and even pear relish on occasions, depending on my mood and what I had on hand. This is a fun dish and people of all ages love it.
- 2 (15 7/8 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans shoe peg corn or 2 (10 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro-Tel tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15 7/8 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped really small
- 1 red pepper, chopped really small
- 1 (15 7/8 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 larger purple onion, chopped really small
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped small
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional, only if you want a bit of a kick to it)
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 16 ounces house Italian dressing or 16 ounces zesty Italian dressing
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving, so flavors can fuse (this is the key to this dish).
- Serve with Tostitos Scoops or whatever chips you prefer.
Great summer snack for picnics and outings (no mayo to worry about)...I added cilantro to mine. It was delicious, will definitely make this again and again!!
Superb !! One must simply SEE this dip and be intrigued. It can be made differently and remain tantalizing......
I love making this recipe for large gatherings. Since it does make alot, I make it in one large bowl all except for the diced onion, and then I divide it between two serving bowls and I add a little more onion and diced jalapeno to one bowl than I do for the other for those who prefer a little more heat. I found the recipe in a magazine at the doctor's office waiting room a few years ago. Once you make it and everyone tries it it's expected at every occasion. It's a keeper!