1/5 Photos of Southern Pride Sweet Cornbread
Long before Boston Market cornered the market on cornbread, the women in my family were making up a darn good corn bread themselves. Every BBQ or potluck this cornbread was in demand. I finally handed one of my aunties a measuring cup (you know they never measure anything) and learned how to make it. It really does resemble the taste of Boston Market, almost could be a dessert with that sweet taste of honey and some butter on top...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan with shortening.
- 2Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 3Mix sugar, butter, eggs, milk, honey and water together in a large bowl.
- 4Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl: cornmeal, flour,baking powder, and salt.
- 5While stirring, add dry ingredients to sugar, egg, and milk mixture and mix thoroughly.
- 6Mixture will be slightly lumpy.
- 7Pour into greased rectangular pan.
- 8Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- 9Serve with butter.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Pride Sweet Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.8
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 382.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g