Recipe by Ann Arber
I found this ice cream sauce in a magazine years ago. Our daughter Allison used to make it for Christmas gifts for her grandparents. It is fantastic and easy with the microwave.
Top Review by Yanni1
This stuff rocks! After step 6, I let it cool until lukewarm and then I put in the pecans and evaporated milk. I made it to go over bread pudding but I'm managing to find anything I can to dip into it.....must stop eating this.....oh and my pecans only took 6 minutes to toast in micro. I burnt the first batch at 9 minutes.
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped pecans (5 oz)
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Put pecans and 3 Tablespoons butter in microwave safe dish.
- Cook on high for ten minutes, stirring twice.
- Put rest of butter in separate microwave safe dish.
- Heat until melted.
- Whisk in brown sugar, and flour, and syrup til blended.
- Cook on high 6-8 minutes , stirring twice, until the sugar is dissolved and thick; add pecan/butter mixture.
- Let stand 2 minutes.
- Pour into hot jars and seal.