Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this ice cream sauce in a magazine years ago. Our daughter Allison used to make it for Christmas gifts for her grandparents. It is fantastic and easy with the microwave.
- Put pecans and 3 Tablespoons butter in microwave safe dish.
- Cook on high for ten minutes, stirring twice.
- Put rest of butter in separate microwave safe dish.
- Heat until melted.
- Whisk in brown sugar, and flour, and syrup til blended.
- Cook on high 6-8 minutes , stirring twice, until the sugar is dissolved and thick; add pecan/butter mixture.
- Let stand 2 minutes.
- Pour into hot jars and seal.
This stuff rocks! After step 6, I let it cool until lukewarm and then I put in the pecans and evaporated milk. I made it to go over bread pudding but I'm managing to find anything I can to dip into it.....must stop eating this.....oh and my pecans only took 6 minutes to toast in micro. I burnt the first batch at 9 minutes.
OMG i cannot say enough about how amazing this stuff is! and it's SIMPLE! i made it to have at a birthday party, but almost couldn't stop eating it with a spoon when i made it. i had at least 4 spoonfuls before i made myself stop. i found that i didn't have to microwave the pecans the full 10 minutes- only about 8- and they were still nice and crisp. so glad you posted this- it will be a big hit for the party!
This is really very good! I tweaked the directions a bit to do it on top of the stove. I toasted the pecans in a skillet with the butter and boiled together the other ingredients in a heavy saucepan. One note, the directions do not say when to add the evaporated milk, so I added it after the sugar dissolved into the syrup. Turned out great!