Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Delicious! This is the best pound cake I've ever had. It's great for dessert, but also wonderful buttered and toasted for breakfast!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a tube pan.
- Cream sugar and Crisco well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each egg.
- Alternately add flour, milk and vanilla, beating after each addition.
- Pour into greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan, then invert onto cooling rack.
This was an excellent cake. It is very easy to mix together and bake. This was the first time I have made any thing like this and just loved the ease to make and the great taste of the cake. Will make again soon.
This went on the breakfast table for company this morning. It was very well received and I doubt that there will be any left tomorrow. The recipe worked very well and delivered a very nice pound cake with a very good texture (it even toasted rather well). I used the butter flavored Crisco and that with the 5 eggs gave a lovely soft yellow color. Easy to put together, I made it last night after dinner and it was perfect this morning.
I've been looking for a good pound cake recipe and finally found one. This one is very moist and has a great crust! I wonder if previous reviewer even made this cake?