1/2 Photos of Southern Potato Soup
Tallie in Pacific NW's Note:
This is a family recipe I am choosing to share w/all of you-plz enjoy throughout the chilly Winter months. At times I substitute precooked Hickory Smoked Bacon in place of Ham and serve w/what else? Potato rolls! ;) I've never actually measured any of this-I just do it! So, have fun w/it! it is diffrent EVERY time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup margarine (I use Imperial)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) package 98% fat-free honey ham, diced
- 12 -14 russet potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk, with vitamin D
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1In a large soup pot, on medium heat, melt margarine. Combine diced onion and ham; sautee for 5-7 minutes.
- 2Add diced potatoes and just enough water cover. Add onion powder, onion salt, salt,pepper & garlic salt.
- 3Bring to a roaring boil and allow to continue to boil @ med-high heat until potatoes are soft, approx 25 min, stirring frquently.
- 4Once potatoes have softened; simmer on low heat and add both cans of evaporated milk w/Vit D and tarragon, stirring frequently.
- 5Add cornstarch/water mixture to thicken.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.1 mg
- Sodium 285.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% fat-free honey ham