Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A most excellent recipe passed down from my grandmother and mother, a great treat all summer long. We make this whenever we BBQ. There are never any leftovers!
- 1 lb potatoes or 6 -8 potatoes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook potatoes in covered pot with boiling water 40 minutes or until tender; drain and cool.
- Peel potatoes and cut into small pieces.
- Separate egg whites from the yolks. Chop egg whites.
- In a large bowl, stir together potato, egg whites, 1/2 tsp salt and green onions.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks in a small bowl; add in mayo, pickle relish, mustard, and pepper; stirring until well blended.
- Gently stir yolk mixture into potato mixture; adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill 2 hours (it is even better if you can chill this overnight and serve the next day).
- Sprinkle with Paprika before serving.
Easy and delicious! My first time mixing the mashed yolk with the mayonnaise. Thanks!
Nice potato salad. It was easy to make and loved the taste. I did add a stalk of celery since I had one that I needed to use up. Thanks for sharing. Made for Best of 2014 tag.
Great flavors in this potato salad. Loved the green onions. This went great with our pulled pork sandwiches for dinner. Made for PAC Spring 2014.