Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a modification of Southern Style Potato Casserole posted here. I've made it vegetarian. The original recipe looked really yummy. This is ultimate comfort food. I serve it with turnip greens and cornbread.
- 32 ounces diced potatoes (about 5 large fresh potatoes, or 1 bag frozen)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups light sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups crackers, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- gather up all ingredients, a large bowl, a small bowl, a large baking dish, a knife, a cheese grater, and a wooden spoon.
- cube butter.
- melt butter.
- shred cheese.
- chop onion.
- crumble crackers.
- mix potatoes, cheese, sour cream, soup, onion, and cubed butter in large bowl.
- blend well and pour into large baking dish.
- mix crackers and melted butter and pour over casserole.
- bake 55 @ 350.